/446 Ultra-Clear Acrylic Acid-Catalyst Lacquer
An ultra-clear acid-catalyst lacquer. A water-white, isocyanate-free, acid-catalyst alternative to an acrylic PU. /446 performs similarly to an acrylic PU and will wet out the timer similarly to all solvent based coatings while appearing less yellow than other ACs. Acid-content is lower compared to other ACs.
Can be undercoated with /362 waterborne clear lacquer for a more natural appearance. Long term daylight tests confirm /446 performs just as well as conventional acrylic PUs. Can be used to overcoat Fastmatch® pigmented lacquers without risking colour-change.
Quick drying and easy sanding acid catalyst lacquer designed for coat on coat application by manual or automatic spray application.
Significantly less prone to yellowing than other acid-catalyst and PU clear lacquers. Apply coat-on-coat, no basecoat or primer required.
Formulated to provide excellent non-yellowing and anti-fade properties with good resistance to abrasion, wet and dry heat, spirit solutions and a wide range of household chemicals.
- Pack sizes: 5L & 25L
- Touch dry: 15-20 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 60 minutes @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 1.5 hours @ 18°C
- Packing: Overnight minimum, dependent on conditions
- Coverage: 40m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Typical finish: 2-3 coats at 75g/m² per coat (dry film thickness ~31μm per coat) applied coat-on-coat