|8C3/000||Clear 30% Sheen|
|8C6/000||Clear 60% Sheen|
|8LVC3/000||Clear Vacuum Coater 30% Sheen|
|8LVC6/000||Clear Vacuum Coater 60% Sheen|
Crown Pavilions x Morrells
"Crown Pavilions design and build the World’s Finest Garden Rooms and Luxury Gazebos. As a director and co-founder of the business, I take quality, service, detail and our brand slogan ‘The Marque Of Excellence’ very seriously. We have set the bar very high for ourselves, as I am passionate about providing our customers with the best product, the best service and always strive to give more value wherever we can. However, we cannot do it alone and rely on hand selected suppliers that have the same ethos, the same core values and pride themselves on the last customer they made happy! I have found Morrells to always provide first class products on both the stain and paint finishes and over a number of years their coatings have been the finishing touch on our bi-fold doors, cladding and gazebos, enhancing the natural beauty of our products whilst ensuring maximum UV protection and longevity. A happy customer."
- Luke F Dejahang, CEO Crown Pavilions www.crownpavilions.com
omnia® has been designed as a full finishing system, from surface preparation to topcoat. As omnia® is available in clear and opaque topcoat systems for multiple varieties of wood, please consult our Exterior Joinery Guide for Exterior Finishing and the system guidelines below. Choose your system below:
Ensure that the substrate is clean, dry and free from contaminants.
Wipe all surfaces with a sharp solvent such as Morrells Cellulose Thinner (2007/000) prior to coating application. Turn the wiper so that the contamination is removed rather than dispersed. Allow the solvent to flash off for 30 minutes and apply the first surface coating within two hours of cleaning. Observe Health and Safety matters. The maximum recommended wood moisture content is 18%. We do not recommend the use of American Oak due its low moisture content and therefore liability of movement.
- If knots are present and require sealing, brush apply one coat of omnia® Knotting over the knots only.
- Apply one coat of omnia® Preserve in its clear form or in the appropriate colour. Ideally applied by dipping or flow coating but if brushed or sprayed, ensure that the surface is fully wetted so that the timber absorbs the product. The system is designed such that any stain colour can be obtained by the application of tinted omnia® Preserve. However, for special requirements, the topcoat can also be tinted by our Fastmatch® colour-matching facility.
- Seal all end grain with one coat of brush applied omnia® End Grain Sealer (8ES/000) and allow to fully dry before denibbing the End Grain Sealer only. If the joinery will exposed to excessively to water or moisture, an additional coat is recommended.
- Apply two coats of omnia® Clear to a wet film thickness of 150 -175μm per coat. Lightly denib prior to the application of the final coat, using a synthetic sanding pad (Scotchbrite or similar).
Product Coating Recommendations:
Ensure that the substrate is clean and dry.
Wipe all surfaces with a sharp solvent such as Morrells Cellulose Thinner (product code 2007/000) prior to coating application. Turn the wiper so that the contamination is removed rather than dispersed. Allow the solvent to flash off for 30 minutes and apply the first surface coating within two hours of cleaning. Observe Health and Safety matters.
Solid (Opaque) Colours:
- Apply a coat of omnia Prime Pre-Treatment (8PT/000), a stain-inhibiting clear isolator when coating sapele or other red-brown hardwoods. Ensure the surface is fully wetted so that the timber absorbs the product.
- Treat/seal all end grain with brush applied omnia End Grain Sealer (8ES/000); allow to fully dry before de-nibbing only the end grain sealer.
- Apply one coat of omnia Prime which is a stain inhibiting white Primer to a wet film thickness of 150μm.
- Apply two coats of omnia Colour (Opaque Topcoat) to a wet film thickness of 150-175μm per coat.
Lightly denib prior to the application of the final coat, using a synthetic sanding pad (Scotchbrite or similar).