medicote® Waterborne Lacquer
A range of ultra high performance waterborne lacquers. These lacquers are protected against the growth of microorganisms (such as MRSA, E.coli, A. niger) on their surface, with a kill rate of 99% within 24 hours. The risk of odour, and deterioration and discolouration of the film by microorganisms is greatly reduced through the use of antimicrobial agents in the lacquers. The use of medicote® lacquer is not a replacement or substitute for proper hygiene and cleaning. This range offers similar performance and properties as a high quality Acid-Catalyst lacquer. Certified to FIRA 6250 for horizontal surfaces (excluding kitchen worktops) in Heavy/Severe Use and BS 6222, Part 3 – Domestic Kitchen Equipment Finish Performance, Other Surfaces. Recommended for use as a coat-on-coat system.
- Touch Dry: 30 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 1½ hours @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 1½ hours @ 18°C
- Packing: Overnight minimum
- Coverage: Approximately 40m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Tinting: Use Morrells Light Fast Stains up to a maximum of 5% by volume