Soft-Feel Velvetone PU Topcoat
These lacquers must only be used as the final coat as they are not suitable for recoating. These products exhibit good flow and levelling combined with excellent anti-sag characteristics on edges and profiles to produce a high quality finish straight from the gun.
Good scratch and water resistance, meeting the requirements of BS FIRA 6250 for Horizontal Surfaces (excluding kitchen worktops) in General Use. Due to their soft feel aesthetic these products give flat, chalky colours as opposed to bright vibrant tones, similar to a quality flat boutique paint.
A pigmented range of high quality polyurethane topcoats with anti-reflecting and soft-feel effect. Available in most colours including BS, RAL, NCS, Pantone and to the customer's own bespoke specification. Also available as a clear lacquer.
- Pack sizes: 5 kg
- Catalysis: 10 parts lacquer : 4 parts catalyst by weight
- Pot life: 2 hours @ 20°C
- Touch dry: 15 - 20 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 60 minutes @ 18°C
- Handling: 4 hours minimum
- Packing: Overnight minimum
- Coverage: 40m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Typical pigmented finish: Part 1) 2 x coats of either a) 6005/660 PU Primer or, b) 6005/760 PU Primer Part 2) 1 x coat Velvetone Topcoat at 100g/m2 per coat
- Typical clear finish: Part 1) 2 x coats of 6004/460 PU Basecoat Part 2) 1 x coat Velvetone Topcoat