VLi® Ultra-High Solids Two Pack Polyurethane Basecoat
A ultra-high build two pack polyurethane basecoat designed for manual spray application. Formulated to provide a high solids base with excellent flow and levelling properties, this basecoat sands easily and exhibits superb clarity to enhance the natural appearence of timber at high film weights. Use in combination with UHS Two Pack Sealer 5004/900 for a full gloss mirror finish for high-end kitchens, bathrooms, yacht interiors, shopfittings and more.
It can be sprayed through normal cup guns and provides in 2 coats a completely filled, hard flat surface. Can be used with AC or PU Topcoats to achieve a full finish on veneered, solid wood and MDF substrates.
5004/900 can be used to reduce VOC emissions and is an alternative to polyester basecoats.
- Pack sizes: 5L
- Catalysis: 9 parts basecoat : 1 part catalyst by weight
- Pot life: 1 - 1½ hours @ 20°C
- Gel coat recoatable: 25 - 35 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 16 - 24 hours @ 18°C
- Coverage: 20m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Typical finish A: 2 coats of PU basecoat at 100g/m² per coat, followed by 2 coats any Morrells PU Lacquer at 100 – 130 g/m² per coat
- Typical finish B: 2 – 3 coats at 250 - 300g/m² per coat, under clear wet-look lacquers