/790 Clear Polyester Basecoat/Lacquer
A high build 98% solids, sprayable clear waxed polyester basecoat/lacquer providing excellent filling and leveling properties, supreme manual and mechanical sanding characteristics and offering a hard durable finish which can be burnished to a deep 100% gloss mirror shine.
Formulated for use where high filling and leveling requirements exist. Suitable for pianos, car dashboards, luxury yacht interiors, roulette wheels, kitchen and bathroom furniture, musical instruments, high-end shopfitting and more.
- Pack sizes: Basecoat 25kg, Hardner 1kg, Accelerator 1kg
- Mixing ratio: 100 parts Basecoat : 2 part Hardener : 2 part Accelerator
- Pot life: 10 - 15 minutes
- Gel time: 25 - 35 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable : 16 - 24 hours @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 20 - 30 minutes @ 18°C
- Mark proof: 3 - 6 hours @ 18°C
- Packing: 16 hours minimum
- Burnishing: 3 days minimum
- Coverage: 15 – 20 m² per 5kg dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Typical finish: 1 coat PE Isolator at 80g/m², 4 coats 5004/790 at 300g/m²